A lot of folks ask our staff at Singaporemathguru : What are the benefits of Singaporemathguru? We have been trumpeting the benefits below as part of our marketing message:
~ 10,000 FREE TO TRY MATH QUESTIONS + FREE ANSWERS + FREE PROGRESS TRACKING TOOLS + MOE SYLLABUS + EXAMINATION QUESTION CLONES + 330 HOURS OF ON DEMAND VIDEO SOLUTIONS + SEARCH MATH QUESTIONS FREE + EXPERT ADVICE ON HOW TO DO WELL IN PSLE MATHEMATICS + SUPERB TEACHERS + ENTERTAINING = PSLE MATHEMATICS A STAR!
We are not hard sellers and don’t intend to be now or in the future. The above information is all true. For example, we practically give our database of more than 10,000 questions away free with free answers and progress tracking reports. That is also the reason why we have thousands of users, from different parts of the world and different countries.
Our proposition to parents and students alike is simple, we help you and your child learn how to solve examinable math questions for primary 1 to 6 in the most effective way.We also have users from as far as the USA staying for more than 30 minutes on our site each time they visit. Clearly, besides the basic services being free, there is value to what we do here.
So as a subscriber, this is what you will get when you sign up for one of our packages.
– Learn how weaker students are able to break a question into sizable bits so that information can be processed. One of our students who implemented this into his problem solving strategies had a jump in marks from 50 plus to 77 in 1 month.
– Learn key procedural strategies to enhance the problem solving process
– Learn how to form a mental processes that will help your child crystallize the understanding of a certain question
– Learn that many students cannot simply do a question today and solve the same type of question in 2 weeks time. Example: If you expose a student to 1 working backwards question today and give them the same type of question weeks from now, chances are that they will not be able to solve the question. This is the reason why repetition of a certain type of question is key to mastering a skill. For parents who start their children off with papers, many do not see their children improving. This is what you are doing wrong. By the way, Singaporemathguru groups similar questions into exercises.
– Learn the shortest and quickest ways to solve questions. There are efficient ways and less efficient ways when solving a question. Every student is different. What works for one may not work for others. In the barrage of methods available, the students can learn what ways or methods suit them best.
– Learn that not all methods are made equal. Some are better than others. While assumption is taught in schools quite frequently, many students do not understand this method. Our videos will show you alternate ways to solve these questions.
– Learn that the way that the child presents the information on paper will determine his or her success in solving math questions. This can only be taught to those who access our videos. The way a student presents the information on paper will make or break the understanding of the question. Learn all this and more from our videos.
– Learn that there are often several angles to look at a question to enhance problem solving.
– Understand that some students respond to other methods while some students prefer others. Whatever works, do it! Learn this from our 330 hours of videos!
– Learn how to isolate important clues in a math question
– Learn how to really understand a sentence by reinforcement. We have a particular system (in our videos)that will teach the child how to reinforce certain information so that a sentence is understood as it is.
– Learn how to solve questions which look like they have similar underlying concepts but actually need different approaches to solving.
– Learn how to salvage marks from a question that is seemingly impossible to solve. A few marks are better than none. Don’t leave your questions blank.
We have 330 hours of videos to primary 4, 5 and 6 questions that can teach you how to do all this and more. We take our teaching very seriously. That is the very least you can expect from us. We wish you and your child along with thousand of other users a fruitful experience on www.singaporemathguru.com.
The Singaporemathguru Team